The Smart Train™ is here
IONX® Asset Monitoring from Amsted Rail uses the latest wireless technology to locate and monitor all your mobile assets in near real time around the globe. With IONX you get comprehensive information that is essential to optimizing your whole fleet’s performance, condition and security. So you’ll know whether a tank car is loaded or empty, be able to monitor bearing temperatures, and be alerted to end-of-car impacts. And with the customizable, Web-based dashboard, managers can view relevant data from wherever they are – at any time they like.
Comprehensive solutions customized to meet the needs of your industry
See all the IONX Industry Solutions
Visibility of your assets to see location and condition status in near real time
See all the IONX Management Reports
Detecting changes in security, impact, temperature, weight, location, speed and more
See all the IONX Sensors
The IONX Difference
- IONX has proven technology for all sensing, M2M communications and GPS components
- IONX has a leading edge data analytics system designed specifically for rail operations
- IONX serves many facets of the freight market – fleet owners, railroads, and leasing companies
- IONX has experience with TSA regulations regarding transportation of TIH/PIH materials Tank Cars
- IONX has the financial stability of Amsted Rail, a global multi-billion dollar company, which means we’re here for the long haul. Learn more about Amsted Rail
- IONX and Amsted Rail have extensive expertise in heavy haul operations and manufacturing rail car systems
- IONX is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. Our products are certified intrinsically-safe for North American, European (ATEX) and world (IECEx) standards
- IONX has proprietary, patented technology. View a list of our patents.
Utilizing proven technology of satellite and cellular communications, IONX provides users with optimal coverage for their operational needs, anywhere in the world.
Communication Management Unit (CMU)
The CMU is the “intelligence center” of the system, using GPS to locate rail car, locomotive and fleet vehicle assets anywhere in the world for near-real-time global tracking. Our products are certified intrinsically-safe for North American, European (ATEX) and world (IECEx) standards. It also uses satellite or cellular service to transmit location and status information directly to the user’s computer or cellular telephone.
Power Management and Communication Systems
The entire IONX system leverages our proprietary ultra-low power technology that extends the life and charge of the batteries in the CMU as well as its sensors. Our robust components are engineered to withstand the harshest operating environments, from remote deserts to sub-zero climates.
Online Access to Data
Access your fleet information 24/7 with a secure login to IONX’s Web interface. Here you can see the activity of your fleet, right down to the individual asset level. Our customized Web-based managements tools provide a comprehensive view of your system to monitor trends and improve financial performance.