High performance rail solutions for the transit industry
Amsted Rail is the global leader in truck systems and end-of-car components. For more than a century, Amsted Rail has provided performance driven solutions that deliver durability, reliability and safety to the freight rail market. With the addition of service-proven General Steel Industries (GSI) truck designs, Amsted Rail is ready to offer the same support to the transit industry.
Engineered to demanding industry standards
Headquartered in the United States, Amsted Rail’s transit product portfolio is all expertly designed, engineered, tested and manufactured in the US. Leveraging Amsted Rail’s state-of-the-art engineering and performance testing centers, all products are manufactured to surpass even the most rigorous standards.
A highly sophisticated MTS servo-hydraulic dynamic testing machine allows Amsted Rail to be one of only a few companies capable of offering complete transit truck assembly testing.
- Amsted Rail transit is a provider of complete transit truck systems manufactured in the US.
- Thousands of trucks in service throughout North America
- Proven General Steel Industries (GSI) product line consists of inboard and outboard journal bearing designs
- Advanced dual suspension systems - Primary and secondary
- Coil spring, Chevron spring pads, and air spring cushion
- Axles manufactured at state-of-the-art facility
- Brenco® bearings
- Full catalogue of maintenance parts to keep your passengers moving
- US manufactured H-Tightlock couplers, yokes, knuckles, pins, radial connectors
- Rigorous testing and proven history at Camp Hill, PA facility
- Thousands of components already in service
- Designed for demanding intercity and heavy cars
- Ready to meet all your maintenance needs from parts to complete assemblies
- Static and dynamic testing of Side Frames and Bolsters
- Static and dynamic testing of Couplers, Yokes and Knuckles
- Static and multi axis dynamic testing of Complete Truck Systems
- Fatigue testing of Springs and Resilient Elements
- Stress and strain investigations
- Failure analysis
- Computer simulations
- Instrumented over-the-road testing utilizing our rail-focused engineering department as well as full dynamic simulation of truck and end-of-car systems
- Bolt torque/clam load testing
- Fabrication shop – tooling, fixtures, repairs