The patented elastomer pedestal pad-liner-bearing adapter design improves axle-to-rail wheelset alignment. Unlike conventional adapters, which are all iron, the elastomer pad allows controlled motion of the wheelset lowering forces in a curve. Adapter Plus improves curving and rolling resistance and reduces wear on the sideframe pedestal roof, thrust lug, bearing adapter crown and the bearing adapter thrust lug area.
- M-976 approved on 100ton ASF® Motion Control® Trucks, and 100ton HD Trucks.
- Unlike other designs there are no special side frame modifications required.
- Superior curving performance with passive steering.
- Available in 6 x 11, 6-1/2 x 9, 6-1/2 x 12, and 7 x 12. International Designs available.
- Customers have experienced over 1,000,000 service miles.
- Nearly two decades of field service with thousands of carsets operating today.
- Eliminates side frame pedestal roof wear and thrust lug wear.
- Replaces pedestal roof wear plates.
- Bearing adapter wear eliminated.
- Eliminates metal-to-metal contact.
- Wheel life extended with reduced lateral force in curves.
- Easy retrofit to all existing HD split wedge or SSRM Trucks.
- Roller bearing life is increased with reduced lateral forces and vertical impacts.
- 50% increase in life of rail in curves higher than 2 degrees.
- 25% increase in wheel-set life.
- 6%-8% decrease in fuel consumption.
- 35% increase in truck rebuild interval.
- Adapter Pads- Elastomer Pedestal Pad and Adapter