- Effectively controls pellet movement to minimize contamination
- Maintains efficient throughput, while reducing friction-induced melting and resin buildup on conveyor line
- Easy to operate
- Lightweight, watertight, rugged design to protect integrity of pelletized chemicals
- Interior constructed of aluminum with smooth finish for low maintenance, easy cleanout
- Low profile design available
- Dual shaft allows sampling from either end and its valves permit infinite flow rate control and widest available opening for easy sampling and unloading
- Hooks to pneumatic discharge system when pellets are vacuum extracted
- Bolt on connector assembly with locking end arrangements
Whatever the load or environment, our system has you covered.
Enhance your bottom line with top-of-the-line solutions
State-of-the-art pellet car components from Amsted Rail can positively impact your bottom line by lowering maintenance costs, reducing unplanned downtime, and increasing the service life of your most specialized hopper cars. Like any heavy haul railcar, pellet cars are constantly subjected to demanding conditions – from coupling in freight yards to accelerating and braking on the fly. And the need for quality, durable pellet car components is intensified by the gaseous and toxic nature of the materials these cars often carry. Amsted Rail also understands that in a competitive commodity market, the integrity of every pellet contributes to the profitability of each railcar load. That’s why we precision-engineer our full line of components to deliver the most cost-effective and secure transport, loading and unloading solutions for all your valuable pellet shipments. Imagine maximizing your return and multiplying that difference by hundreds of thousands of pellet car loads per year.
A total system approach
Our comprehensive product line enables you to customize and coordinate all of your pellet car needs through a single, reliable supplier. Amsted Rail has you covered, from the market’s most versatile pellet outlet gates and hatch covers, to a complete line of AAR-approved empty-load devices, slack adjusters, hand brakes, truck mounted brakes (TMB), and bogie assemblies. Amsted Rail designs components to handle whatever you transport, including every type of plastic pellet—polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (PS), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and more. And our global manufacturing capacity assures you of unsurpassed responsiveness wherever your railcars run.
The innovations to keep you ahead of the curve
With more and more products being manufactured from plastic, pellet cars increasingly demand more specialized features. Amsted Rail has expanded its industry leadership with a complete line of pellet car components whose innovations set new standards worldwide for reliability and performance.