PreLoad Plus CCSB
Our new PreLoad Plus® Constant Contact Side Bearing (CCSB) uses spring technology for constant performance throughout the life of the side bearing. PreLoad Plus® is critical to M976 Truck System performance as it provides consistent preload without degradation compared to elastomer style side bearings.
PreLoad Plus® CCSB
- Bearings use steel springs for long life and consistent preload.
- Steel springs have less that 2% preload decay after 1 million miles of service.
- Long Travel (5/8").
- Steel spring elements.
- Hardened wear surfaces.
- Spring element inspection window.
- Proven service history.
- Three models feature preloads of 4000, 4500, and 5600 lbs.
- Bearings help control hunting and control carbody roll.
- Steel springs last over 1 million miles without significant preload loss.
- Improves the ride quality, curve negotiation and overall stability of railcars even at high speeds, saving fuel and wear.
- Retains its design preload longer than elastomeric bearings, so you'll replace/adjust them less often, saving you even more.